Saturday, January 23, 2010
Stupid software updates
As I write this my Playstation 3 is updating it's software from 39876.2356 to 39877 instead of loading my movie... Why is that every time you want to do any thing quickly with your new web-enabled device it attempts to make your life more convenient by making you wait... for another download of firmware to correct the tiny error that caused the 42 year-old guy/girl living in her parents basement in Fargo, North Dakota to not be able to view their Second Life page in 3-D on the second Tuesday of every month? I try to run out of the house to go to the gym... want a quick update of my iPod, well heck no. It has to perform a backup.. then it pushes everything you've bought on the handy dandy device to your home computer... then it wants to know if you accept the user agreement, then it wants to show you its genius mixlist. Yes. I know you can turn this feature off... but everytime you update to the next version of iTunes there it is again... like a long lost friend waiting to be taken in. Plus I like it, but why does it have to take so friggin long... this is the point in my tirade that my too trendy friends recommend I switch to Apple - I see Steve Jobs subtle plan. Infuriate the 98% of the world who has both iPod/iPhones and Windows OS... that way they'll be tempted to switch. I won't do it. I need a regular mouse. All this technological convenience is killing me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment